Northport, NY's Newly Renovated State-of-the-Art Dental Facility
We’re dedicated to making your visit as easy, efficient, and comfortable as possible. We strive to give you comfortable care. At Dental Health & Wellness of Long Island, our team strives to stay up-to-date with these advancements - whether its adding a new preventative care tool or attending many continuing education seminars.
The field of dentistry is always advancing and evolving into the future, so its only natural that Dr. Lamberg and the rest of the Dental Health & Wellness of Long Island Team would offer the most modern treatment techniques and tools to create the best experience possible for the Long Island, NY community.
Cone Beam CT Scan
The CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) 3D Scan will help with planning the least invasive, most affordable treatment available, especially for all of our airway evaluations. By scanning the whole head and seeing more in depth and precise imaging, Dr. Lamberg can better determine what Sleep Apnea or Snoring Treatment is best for each patient.
In Depth Imaging with CBCT Scanner
Uses a special type of technology to generate three dimensional (3-D) images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths and bone
- Detecting, measuring and help managing each airway
- Surgical planning for impacted teeth
- Diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
- Evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals and nasal cavities
- More precise treatment planning
- Determine bone structure and tooth orientation
X-rays are almost always taken during your first comprehensive visit for one or several reasons.
The goal of x-rays is to inform you and Dr. Lamberg of the condition of your mouth - not just your teeth but your gums, roots and jawbone. Being able to see and know your current oral condition, shape and positions of your teeth will be beneficial to help identify any possible infections, bone loss, tooth decay or tumors. Many common ailments are hidden below the gums and can't always be detected by the naked eye.
The TRIOS intraoral scanner can be used with all the treatments offered at our practice, from crowns and bridgework to dental implants.
The TRIOS intraoral scanner allows us to have complete control over all aspects of your smile transformation, from your very first appointment to the day your restoration is complete!
Intraoral scanning with TRIOS:
- Elimination of traditional, messy impressions
- The quick scan reduced visits and chair time
- Accurately captures your bite in real time a for comprehensive diagnosis and treatment planning
- High-quality digital impressions improve diagnostics and communication
- Gives one of the most accurate and consistent performance of the leading intraoral scanners in the dental market
DSD - Digital Smile Design
DIGITAL SMILE DESIGN (DSD) is a multipurpose conceptual protocol which provides remarkable advantages:
- the diagnostic abilities are facilitated through an extra-and-intra oral aesthetic and structural evaluation
- improved communication between the team members providing a better visual perception, education and motivation for patients
- increased effectiveness of case presentation and accordingly case acceptance
- Clinical efficiency and predictability through digital technology
DSD Ethically Involves The Patients in the restorative or smile enhancement process, making them the co-designer of their own treatment by sharing objectives, expressing their desires and expectations with the restorative team. The interaction between patient and dental specialist is improved by photos and videos taken at several steps of the treatment. The experiences all over the world have been tremendous. Once the restorative technical requirements are combined with the desires and emotional needs of the patient, great results will be achieved – creating a path to a natural, confident and beautiful smile. Read more about DSD at http://www.digitalsmiledesign.com/
The Identafi® is one of our Oral Cancer screening tools and prevention is the best key to fighting any disease. The Identafi® uses white, violet and amber wavelengths of light to excite oral tissue in distinct and unique ways. Conventional examination of tissue is performed using a highly concentrated White light. As a result, biochemical changes can be monitored by using Identafi and both our hygienist and dentist can determine necessary next steps.
"The staff is so knowledgeable, friendly and thorough! You will love Dr. Lamberg’s insights to your health. If you are looking for a new dental office — this is the place to go!"Sarah W.